HostGator is one of the best web hosts for shared hosting. If you’ve decided to buy hosting from HostGator, you’ve taken the right decision.
But if you are a newbie to web hosting, you might get confused by 3 different types of web hosting plans offered by HostGator.
HostGator offers 3 plans on its shared hosting – Hatchling Plan, Baby Plan, and Business Plan.
If you are wondering which plan do you need, read on. In this post, I will be sharing a detailed comparison which will help you to choose the right HostGator web hosting plan.
HostGator Shared Hosting Plans Overview
At first, let’s take a look at Shared Hosting Comparison.
To make things easier here’s what these terms mean.
- 1 Domain/Unlimited Domains: 1 Domain means you can host only one domain name. Unlimited Domains means you can host as many domains as you want.
- One Click Installs: It means you can install software like WordPress in one click.
- Unmetered Bandwidth: It means you don’t have to worry about the usage of bandwidth. And you will not be charged according to the bandwidth you use.
- Private SSl & IP: Private SSL is used for protecting credit card information. It’s important for eCommerce sites that accept credit card payment. A dedicated IP is required for private SSL.
- VoIP Phone Service: A VoIP Phone Service allows your customers (in US and Canada) to call you for free. All calls will be forwarded to your existing phone number through VOIPo.description of the features.
Also Read: HostGator.com Vs HostGator.in: Which One to Choose?
When to Choose HostGator Hatchling Plan?
HostGator Hatchling Plan offers 1 domain name with unmetered bandwidth and disk space.
You should go with HostGator Hatchling plan when –
- You are going to launch your first site/blog.
- You don’t have any plan to create other sites.
When to Choose HostGator Baby Plan?
HostGator Baby Plan offers unlimited domains with unmetered bandwidth and disk space. The basic difference between Hatchling and Baby Plan is, you can host multiple domains on Baby plan whereas you can host only one domain on Hatchling plan.
You should go with HostGator Baby Plan when –
- You are planning to create multiple sites.
- You want to make money from your blogs/sites.
When to Choose HostGator Business Plan?
HostGator Business Plan offers everything that Baby plan offers. Also , it offers Private SSL & IP and VoIP Phone Service. I’ve already talked about what these terms mean. Business Plan is designed for business oriented sites.
You should go with HostGator Business Plan when –
- You are going to accept credit card payments on your site.
- You need a toll-free number for your customers.
What About Upgrade or Downgrade?
The good news is upgrading is free. That means you don’t have to pay any penny to move from HostGator Hatchling Plan to Baby Plan.
And the bad news is downgrading is not free. You have to pay $10 as a downgrade fee.
So my recommendation is, start with the most basic plan and upgrade to a better plan when needed.
Use a HostGator Coupon Code
You can save money on HostGator by using a coupon code. Here are two HostGator coupon code specially for our readers.
HostGator 1 Cent Coupon: HostGator is so confident about its service that it offers the first month hosting for one cent. You can get started with HostGator for just $0.01. Just use the coupon code “HL1CENTHOSTING” while signing up.
HostGator 25% Off Coupon: If you are planning to buy hosting for more than one months, use the coupon code “HL25OFFHOSTING“. It will help you to get 25% discount on your total purchase.
[thrive_megabutton mt=”Visit HostGator.com” st=”” color=”green” link=”https://hostlater.com/go/hostgator/” target=”_blank” align=”full”]
I hope this post helped you to choose the right HostGator hosting plan. If you have any questions, let us know via comment.
Here’s my final recommendation.
- Hatchling Plan – For one site/blog.
- Baby Plan – For multiple sites/blogs.
- Business Plan – For Business sites.
If you found this post useful, help me by sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.