How To Get Free Domain Transfer (+Free Renewal) From HostGator
HostGator, as we all know, is one of the top web hosting providers. But people forget that they are also a domain registrar providing various TLDs. Though we don’t recommend keeping domain and web host in the same place, here’s an interesting offer that you can consider taking.
HostGators offers free domain name transfer with one-year free renewal. This offer is only for the primary domain name. You need to have an account on HostGator to get this offer.
If you are going to create an account on HostGator, here are two deals for you.
- HostGator $3/month Hosting (Best For Yearly Hosting)
- HostGator 1 Cent Hosting (Best For Monthly Hosting)
Now let’s see how to get free domain transfer service from HostGator.
How To Get Free Domain Transfer With Free Renewal
Before starting the process, you need to know some necessary requirements.You cannot transfer a brand new domain name. The domain name must be 60 days old.
- You cannot transfer a brand new domain name. The domain name must be 60 days old.
- Make sure the Whois information and Email are up-to-date.
- Make sure your domain is unlocked.
- Update name servers to the HostGator name servers.
- This offer is valid only for standard TLDs (.com, .net, .org, etc). And a small fee may be required from certain TLDs (Ex: CO.UK, .CA, .DE, .MOBI, etc).
Once all of the above requirements are fulfilled, it’s time to grab the free domain transfer offer.
At first, go to HostGator Domain Transfer page and fill up the form.
Your Email: Enter the email that shows at the Whois information.
Your primary HostGator domain name: The domain that you’ve entered while signing up.
Domain you wish to transfer: Same domain name.
EPP Authorization Key: You can get it from your old registrar.
After submitting the form, HostGator team will contact you for further processing. This process may take up to 7 days.
Over To You
It’s a wonderful offer, but something is hurting me. Yes, their renewal charges are quite high when compared to other leading domain registrars. Yes, almost 15$ per year.
Even though you can save some extra bucks by transferring your domain name back to your old domain registrar, you may stay with HostGator by seeing their support and service.