The power of the internet is overwhelming; the internet has consistently outgrown itself from year to year. Everybody, every brand, every business are going online to tap into the vast traffic and huge market share that exist online.
Even if you are running an educational institution, you should have an online identity. Yes, your domain name should be related to education. .edu domain name is the best choice.
But it’s not easy to register a .edu domain like other domain extensions. Here we will show you how to register the .edu domain name.
How To Register .edu Doman Name
Unlike “.com”; “.net”; “.org” which all has numerous registrars; the sole accreditation of “.edu” registration is only awarded to one organization – Educause.edu. It’s a non-profit organization that handles all “.edu” registration.
The very first thing you need to do is, check if your institution meets all the eligibility requirements.
If you are meeting the requirements, follow these simple steps –
1. At first, click on this link – Apply for a New Domain Name.
2. Then enter your desired name and click on the ‘Register’.
3. The next page that will come up will determine whether the domain you chose in step two is available or not. If the .edu domain name isn’t available – you would be required to input another domain name and click on “Check Domain” again.
If the domain name is available – you will an option to add the domain name to cart.
4. Now you’ll have to create an account.
5. Then provide your contact information and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
6. Then fill up the application form and make the payment.
That’s it. Your are done.
Hope this tutorial helped you to get your desired .edu domain. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask us via comment